Can you believe it? It has been 3 months since we last Scrambled Eggs, Kicked Spiders, Served the Platter or even teased a Catfish together. More importantly, it has been 3 months since we saw your beautiful smiles and heard your friendly laugh.
With the blessing of Dr. Hinshaw and Premier Kenney and because everyone has worked so hard to flatten the curve, we’re excited to announce our reopening on June 15th and we simply can’t wait to see you!
In an effort to protect our community, we are following the Government of Alberta’s COVID-19 General Relaunch Guide. We do this for the following reasons: to help reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 among attendees, incorporate procedures for rapid response if an attendee develops symptoms of illness, and to ensure that attendees can maintain high levels of sanitation and personal hygiene in our studios.
The following page will address some of the key initiatives that we have incorporated into our standard operating procedures. Please take a moment to review this information as some of our in-studio protocols have changed.
BEFORE YOU GET TO THE STUDIO
- Book your class on-line (please no drop-ins).
- Before heading to the studio, please complete the on-line self-assessment checklist to determine if you’re fit to Lagree today. This checklist is also available in-studio.
- If you feel sick or unwell, please cancel your reservation and stay home (see T&C’s for details).
- The lockers, change rooms and showers @ Britannia will be unavailable as will the storage cubbies and change rooms @ Signal Hill so please arrive in your workout gear and leave your bags in your car.
- To further minimize points of contact, please bring a full water bottle, a towel (we won’t be offering towel service) & remember your grip socks (full or closed toe is preferable).
- Please bring a mask as one is required when entering and exiting the studio.
- We love seeing your children, but please leave them at home during this unprecedented time.
- We have increased the amount of time between classes to minimize client overlap.
- Existing clients: Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes prior to class start time.
- New clients: Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class start time. First Time Clients who fail to arrive in time for the instructor led introduction will not be able to participate in the class.
- Commercial grade disinfectants, with 24 hour protection, will be used throughout the entire studio including all equipment, bathrooms and high touch surfaces.
- Lagree YYC has always and continues to use a non-chemical ultra violet hydroxyl generating device that provides an environmentally safe solution for destroying bacteria and viruses including COVID-19.
- Staff will be trained on new cleaning and disinfecting procedures for each area of the studio.
WHEN YOU ENTER THE STUDIO
- Please wear a mask until you get settled on your Megaformer. Our team members will be wearing masks too.
- Sanitize your hands when you enter the studio.
- Physical barriers have been installed at reception to protect both our team and our members. Please respect each other’s personal space and allow our team to assist you with any retail purchases.
- Please remove your shoes & go directly to your Megaformer with your belongings.
- Please grab some disinfectant wipes and thoroughly wipe down your Megaformer & Red Pole before class.
- All Megaformers have been positioned no less than 6 feet from each other (center line to center line) and we will not be using the Pilates rings.
- Please use the washrooms only if absolutely necessary.
- You are not required to wear a mask while working out, but you can if you’d like to – just be careful as your ability to breathe will be impacted so please exert yourself accordingly.
- Our instructors are not required to wear a mask while instructing.
- Instructors will maintain a safe distance from class participants while still providing verbal cues.
- Weather permitting, doors will remain open during class to allow for improved ventilation.
- If you feel unwell at any time, please collect your belongings, proceed home and use the AHS on-line assessment tool to determine if testing is required.
- The instructor will provide everyone with several disinfectant wipes. Please spend a few extra minutes to properly wipe down your Megaformer, Red Pole & surrounding area.
- The instructor will dismiss everybody in an orderly fashion starting with those closest to the exit. We do this to help minimize contact in the studio, as well as traffic, when putting on your shoes and leaving the studio.
- Put your mask back on & collect your belongings (please don’t forget anything as we will not be able to maintain a lost & found for the time being).
- Please exit quickly (no visiting) so other class participants can leave.
- Please sanitize your hands.
CREDITS – MEMBERSHIPS – RESERVATIONS
- All memberships will remain frozen until reinstatement is requested by members.
- If you have any Virtual Drop-In credits remaining in your account, you can use them for our regular in-studio classes.
- As per our stated T&C’s, regular drop-in and class pack credits do not expire, but will require an extension after 12-months. You will receive an eMail advising you when you have credits that are due to expire.
- The new schedule will go live on Friday, June 12th.
- Please note that you will only be able to book 1 week in advance.
A SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
COVID-19 has disrupted billions of lives with far-reaching effects on the health and livelihoods of people all over the world. This pandemic is deepening preexisting inequalities and putting immense strain on our society.
In response to COVID-19, we have all adapted how we live our lives, how we socialize and now how we exercise. In consideration of the most vulnerable members of our community, we ask everyone to work together with mutual respect and consideration as we are only as strong as the weakest link.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the studio for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
If you feel sick and have any symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, the chills, runny nose, fatigued, nausea, muscle aches, etc…) please complete the on-line self-assessment checklist to determine if you’re fit to Lagree today & if you’re not, please stay home for at least 5 days after your symptoms have subsided.
Now more than ever, it is important to listen to your body and only return to group fitness with the understanding that you do so at your own risk. If you are in a high risk category or live with someone who is, please make an informed decision. By choosing to reengage in group fitness at Lagree YYC or elsewhere, even with enhanced cleaning protocols, you acknowledge and accept the additional risks associated with the global health pandemic COVID-19.
Stay strong. Stay safe!