The following page will address some of the key initiatives that we have incorporated into our standard operating procedures. Please take a moment to review this information as some of our in-studio protocols have changed.
PROOF OF VACCINATION REQUIRED
In order for Lagree YYC to continue offering in-studio classes, all participants will be required to provide one of the following:
- PROOF OF COVID-19 VACCINATION:
- Dual vaccination is required where the second dose has been received a minimum of 2 weeks before the day you are attending class.
- Please note that the Janssen vaccine is the only Health Canada approved vaccine that requires only a single dose for a complete series – if an individual has received one dose of a Janssen vaccine at least two weeks prior to attending class, this would be considered sufficient.
- How to show proof of vaccination:
- Download your personal COVID-19 immunization card from Alberta COVID-19 Vaccine Record.
- Present the documents provided to you after receiving your COVID-19 vaccination (they must include your name and date of vaccination).
- Please note that it is only necessary to provide confirmation once.
- NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS:
- Proof of a privately paid negative PCR or Rapid Test within 72 hours of your scheduled class.
- Please note that it is necessary to provide this information before each class.
- A signed letter on clinic letterhead from a Doctor of Western Medicine confirming that you are not able to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. It is not necessary to state the reason.
- Please note that it is only necessary to provide this information once.
In an effort to minimize in-studio congestion, please email your documentation in confidence to [email protected] prior to attending your next class.
Alternatively, you can arrive 15-minutes before your scheduled class to present your documentation in person.
BEFORE YOU GET TO THE STUDIO
- If you feel sick or unwell, please cancel your reservation and stay home (see T&C’s for details).
- Please bring a towel (we aren’t currently offering towel service) & remember your grip socks (full or closed toe is preferable).
- Please bring a mask. In accordance with Alberta Health Services mandated restrictions, all participants are required to wear a mask when entering and exiting the studio but they are not required to wear a mask while exercising.
- We have increased the amount of time between bookings to minimize client overlap.
- AHS approved disinfectants will be used throughout the entire studio including all equipment, bathrooms and high touch surface areas.
- Clients will be provided with cleaning wipes and commercial grade disinfectant at every Megaformer to be used after each session.
- Lagree YYC has always and continues to use a non-chemical ultra violet hydroxyl generating device that provides an environmentally safe solution for destroying airborne and surface based bacteria and viruses including COVID-19.
- Staff have been trained on new cleaning and disinfecting procedures for each area of the studio.
WHEN YOU ENTER THE STUDIO
- Sanitize your hands when you enter the studio.
- In accordance with Alberta Health Services mandated restrictions, all participants are required to wear a mask when entering and exiting the studio but they are not required to wear a mask while exercising.
- Our team members will be wearing masks too.
- Physical barriers have been installed at reception to protect both our team and our members. Please respect each other’s personal space and allow our team to assist you with any retail purchases.
- Please remove your shoes and go directly to your Megaformer with your belongings.
- All Megaformers have been positioned with at least 2 metres of space between each one and/or protective barriers have been installed between each one.
- Please use the washrooms only if absolutely necessary.
DURING YOUR SESSION
- Our team will always be wearing masks up until such time that an instructor is granted permission to instruct.
- Weather permitting, doors will remain open during class to allow for improved ventilation.
- If you feel unwell at any time, please advise the instructor and/or CSR and they will follow our Rapid Response Plan. Collect your belongings, proceed home and call 811 or use the AHS on-line assessment tool to determine if testing is required.
AFTER YOUR SESSION
- Put your mask on.
- Please spend an extra few minutes properly wiping down your Megaformer, Red Pole & surrounding area according to the directions posted around the studio.
- Take the disinfectant spray bottle that is at the back of your Megaformer, and thoroughly spray all parts of the machine that were used/touched during your session and let air dry.
- After gathering your personal belongings, please exit the studio single file (please remember all of your belongings as we will not be able to maintain a lost & found for the time being).
- Please sanitize your hands.
CREDITS – MEMBERSHIPS – RESERVATIONS
- As per our stated T&C’s, regular drop-in and class pack credits do not expire, but will require an extension after 12-months. You will receive an email advising you when you have credits that are due to expire.
- Please note that you will only be able to book 1 week in advance.
A SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
COVID-19 has disrupted billions of lives with far-reaching effects on the health and livelihoods of people all over the world. This pandemic is deepening preexisting inequalities and putting immense strain on our society.
In response to COVID-19, we have all adapted how we live our lives, how we socialize and now how we exercise. In consideration of the most vulnerable members of our community, we ask everyone to work together with mutual respect and consideration as we are only as strong as the weakest link.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the studio for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
Now more than ever, it is important to listen to your body and only return to group fitness with the understanding that you do so at your own risk. If you are in a high risk category or live with someone who is, please make an informed decision. By choosing to reengage in exercise at Lagree YYC or elsewhere, even with enhanced cleaning protocols, you acknowledge and accept the additional risks associated with the global health pandemic COVID-19.
Stay strong. Stay safe!