Start Date: Fall 2015
Hours of Position: Days and times vary as do the available number of hours assigned per week.
The Lagree Method is the most innovative and aggressive approach to full body conditioning.
Moving effectively out of the borders of conditioned stimulus, this workout integrates the key elements of resistance and counter-resistance in a sequence that allows for periods of zero gravity at peak muscle contraction.
The composition of this method is significant in that it encourages maximum exertion while allowing for low risk of injury.
Certified Fitness Instructors lead, instruct, and motivate groups or individuals in the Lagree Method of training.
Lagree fitness instructors plan their own exercise routines on the Megaformer and they choose high-energy music that is appropriate for their exercise class and create a routine that is challenging, motivating and appropriate.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Effectively cue and demonstrate how to perform a Lagree Method fitness routine
- Offer alternative exercises or modifications during classes to accommodate varying levels of fitness and skill
- Ensure health and safety is the highest standard and advise participants on the effective and safe use of the Megaformer
- Enthusiastically promote Lagree YYC and the Lagree Method at all times to actively increase participation
- Be flexible in your job and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to the training you have been given
- Stay current in the Lagree Method and with any new Megaformer exercises that are created
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Certification in the Lagree Method
- Three or more years teaching experience
- Certified fitness instructor and/or personal trainer
- Current CPR & First Aid certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Ability to deliver fun, effective, high energy classes
- Knowledge of CPR/first aid and the ability to react calmly, quickly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to effectively communicate with all participants and other Lagree fitness instructors, staff and management
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
Presentation & Personal Qualities:
- Welcoming, approachable, friendly, enthusiastic and caring
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Charismatic & Responsible
- Flexible & Punctual
- Submit your resume in confidence to Careers@LagreeYYC.com